Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hey- wallet stealer!

Hey! Yah, you- the one who stole my wallet Monday night. I know you have my blog address. Please return my wallet to the front desk. You can be anonymous and simply claim that you just found it. Wouldn't you want yours returned if you were in my position? I am raising two small children, so any misfortune you choose to cause me is hurting my children.

However, it is ultimately hurting you. That's right, God demands perfect obedience to his law (which includes not stealing). Any disobedience to his law is called sin and is condemned by death and punished by an eternity in hell. Any unrighteousness separates us from God.

However, Jesus lived a completely righteous life on our behalf, and was put to death in our place so that we can be seen as perfect and acceptable in God's eyes. If you put your faith in Jesus as your substitute, you will be spared from God's wrath. Out of love for what God has done for you and your eternal soul, please return my wallet... and don't ever use my name for anything.

2 comments:

  1. That's right! You take that, you wallet stealer! (and don't miss the gospel message)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW GEE! That positively stinks! :o( Down with the wallet-stealer!

    ReplyDelete